The Survival, Evasion, and Recovery Army field manual (FM 21-76-1) is designed to provide armed service members quick-reference survival, evasion, and recovery information. Some of the topics covered include navigation, radio communications and signaling, recovery, personal protection, water, food, induced conditions, and the will to survive.
This unclassified survival manual includes:
* EVASION – Planning, Camouflage, Shelters, Movement
* NAVIGATION - Stay or Move Considerations, Navigation and Position Determination, Travel Considerations, River Travel, Ice and Snow Travel, Mountain Hazards, Summer Hazards, Dry Climates, Tropical Climates, Open Seas
* RADIO COMMUNICATIONS AND SIGNALING - Radio Communications (Voice and Data) Signaling
* RECOVERY – Responsibilities, Site Selection, Site Preparation, Recovery Procedures
* MEDICAL - Immediate First Aid Actions, Common Injuries and Illnesses, Plant Medicine, Health and Hygiene, Rules for Avoiding Illness
* PERSONAL PROTECTION – Priorities, Care and Use of Clothing, Other Protective Equipment, Shelters, Fires
* WATER - Water Requirements, Water Procurement, Water Preparation and Storage
* FOOD - Food Procurement, Food Preparation, Food Preservation
* INDUCED CONDITIONS - Nuclear Conditions, Biological Conditions, Chemical Conditions
* The Will to Survive
Illustrated soft cover, 104 pages.